Sydney's Premium HSC External Dance Course
Specialising In Both External and Distance Education Courses
Course Structure and Content?
The Dance Tank provides a magnitude of different flexible learning and teaching strategies. These consist of the External Face-To-Face Course, Distance Education Course and Stage 5 – Year 9-10 Dance Course or Year 10 HSC Acceleration Course.
Students attend an external weekly class in South Sydney taught face-to-face by principal teacher Katelyn Boshell. These classes comprise of all aspects of performance, composition, appreciation and examination preparation required for the 2 Unit HSC Dance Course.
HSC Dance Distance Education Course
Students are provided and taught all necessary HSC Dance content via a multitude of electronic and virtual distance education learning platforms. Students have weekly virtual face-to-face interaction with their teacher and other external students. There is also the option for recorded content for learning flexibility to suit all students weekly timetable.
Stage 5/Year 9-10 Dance Course & HSC Dance Accelation
The Dance Tank offers Year 9 and 10 dance students the opportunity to complete the Stage 5 dance course externally or through distance education. Students in Year 10 can also be accelerated to commence the Preliminary HSC Course in Year 10. This option is subject to the dancer’s physical dance experience and school approval but is an extremely favourable option.
Principal owner of The Dance Tank Katelyn Boshell has over 20 years of experience in the field of Dance and Drama. Experience includes;
· NSW Department of Education trained Primary and Secondary teacher (B. Arts/B. Education Honours UNSW) specialising in Higher School Certificate Dance and Drama course.
· NESA Proficient Level Teacher accredited.
· NSW Department of Education Arts Unit State Dance company choreographer and tutor.
· Schools Spectacular choreographer for the past 6 years.
· Sydney Region Dance coordinator and artistic director.
· NSW New Scheme Teacher of the Year.
· Short ‘n’ Sweet Independent Festival Choreographic Award
· Costume and Fashion Design Showcase Ultimo TAFE choreographer.
· Bodies’ Independent Dance Festival: Secondary School Coordinator.
· University of New South Wales: St George Choreography Scholarship
· Australian Olympic and NSW Squad Representative Gymnastics
· Australian Gymnast of the Year, Rhythmic Gymnastics of Australia
· NSW Gymnast of the Year, Rhythmic Gymnastics
· ‘Tran-Tasman Cup’ winner in New Zealand
All programs are taught by qualified and industry-trained teachers with current NESA Teaching Accreditation, NSW Working with Children Check and First Aid Certificates including Anaphylaxis.
Our educators are passionate about the growth and welfare of each individual child and strive to achieve the highest level of quality, professionalism and care.
The Dance Tank HSC Dance Results
The Dance Tank HSC Results:
- Students achieving 4th and 6th NSW State rankings for 2 Unit HSC Dance.
- 90% of students who undertake The Dance Tank External HSC Dance course. achieve Band 5 and 6 (80-99%) between the years of 2010 to present.
- Over 70 NSW NESA Callback Exemplary Practical Performance Nomination.
- All students wanting to further their career in dance have all obtain industry training full-time positions or apprenticeships upon study through The Dance Tank.
- The excellent marks achieved through The Dance Tank have increased students university entrance ranks, providing them with further course opportunity and choice.